Sunday, November 20, 2011

Crazy for Cowls

Hi Everyone! We are extremely grateful for the many folks who came out to the Early Black Friday Sale we held over the weekend. Now that much of the summer stock is gone, we can stuff the shelves with more goodies from Madeline Tosh and other  yarns that are perfect for this winter and the Holiday Season. Lots of boxes are arriving daily, so Andrea has kept all of us busy in the shop with rearranging and adjusting where everything goes. Our Early Black Friday Sale Table of 30% off Yarns For many years, cowls have made the fashion scene. From knitting 150 grams of super bulky alpaca/wool in the GAP-tastic cowl, to making Madeline Tosh's Honey Cowl in her to-die-for Pashmina Yarn, to my latest two finds: The Burberry Inspired Cowl which folks at the shop are making out of 2 skeins of either Cascade Eco Duo or Jade Sapphire 6-ply or 4-ply cashmere, and the Uber Elegant Cowl which I am making out of a skein of Dragonfly Fibers fingering weight -- cowls are a hit for both the knitter and the wearer during the winter months.


What I like best about cowls is that they stay in place as I actively move about my busy day while keeping my neck warm. I easily feel temperature changes, and having something on my neck seems to put them in check. In this photo, Donna models the Honey Cowl she made out of Madelinetosh DK in Calligraphy.

About two years ago, I knit a cowl for my sister as a Christmas gift. This year, I adapted the GAP-tastic Cowl from Ravelry to work with her busy schedule and to offer more stylish versatility. This unisex cowl also knits up FAST -- as in it only took me less than 8 hours of a day to finish!

If you want to learn how to make these awesome quick gifts, we have oodles of patterns to suggest like Berroco's made out of Souffle. It only takes 4 skeins and knits up very fast.  And if you have a pattern that you want to try, bring it in so we can get you started.

Cowls are definitely ALL the rage this winter.

See you soon!
Kimberly =:8

No comments:

Post a Comment